I shared this list last year, but I think it is just as important today! Be sure to click on the links for more information about each!
- The culture of the classroom MUST come first.
- Teacher desks are overrated. Give up the desk and save the space for students.
- Time should be dedicated to what’s important in your classroom.
- Our future lies in letting students create. FOCUS on creativity!
- Spend time in designing the layout of your classroom. Let students be involved so it is as much theirs as it is yours.
- Remember that students are always watching and listening. Model the behaviors that you expect to see from students.
- Relationships are extremely important. Get to know your students. Let them know that you care.
- No matter what goes wrong today, tomorrow is always a better day. Start fresh and allow each student to start fresh!
- The best thing that you can do for students is to be prepared for every lesson!
- Remember that you don’t teach content, YOU TEACH STUDENTS.