I find myself asking a simple question often these days. Where are we?
Here is where we actually are in January, 2022.
- Trying to find subs for subs who called in sick.
- Fake doctor’s notes, showing negative or positive results.
- Health guidelines changing every 24 hours (or is that 48-72 hours, or 5 days, or 10 days?)
- Schools existing solely as a childcare option, albeit the most poorly staffed childcare center ever.
- Repeating the phrase “please pull up your mask” every 15 seconds.
- Punching in a phone number, fully prepared for someone to angrily yell at you when you deliver your message.
- Emails, phone calls, and text messages at all hours of the day and night in which someone uses the word “positive” in a very non-positive way.
- Trying to motivate and inspire when you don’t feel at all motivated or inspired.
- Exhausted, anxious, and frazzled. (Still.)
- Still showing up every day and trying, not necessarily accomplishing, but trying.