How long is 2 minutes?
Or better yet, what can get accomplished in two minutes?
I often find myself asking this exact question.
I know I need to be in an online meeting at 1:15pm. I’ll look at the clock and see that it is 1:13pm.
I immediately think to myself, what can I get done?
Here is a suggested list of what can be accomplished in 2 minutes:
- Answer an email (or two).
- Deep breathing.
- Write a sentence (or two).
- Have a brief personal exchange with someone.
- Write a note of gratitude.
- Read a paragraph in a book or online article.
- Listen to relaxing music.
- Email colleagues a link or resource.
- Write down an idea on a whiteboard for later exploration.
- Sit, think, and reflect.
Make sure you carefully consider how your time is utilized (or wasted). Two minutes is two minutes, and can serve as a perfectly productive moment if you use it wisely.