What I’ve learned in the last three months of remote learning.
- Running a school is hard. Running one from home multiplies the difficulty.
- Running a school from home maximizes some of the less than enjoyable parts of the job, namely, emails, logistical planning, more emails, meetings, and still more emails.
- Our system of education is not perfect. There are many pieces that still need to be fixed.
- Everyone deserves grace. Students, teachers, parents, administrators. Everyone.
- There are several parts of school that were eliminated this year due to school closing that we could probably live without again next year.
- Our students social emotional well being and safety is at the heart of what we do each day.
- I really miss greeting students each morning.
- What we did for three months was adapt and make the best of a bad situation.
- Technology is great, but it’s still the teacher leading the way that is absolutely necessary.
- In addition to grace, everyone that helped us survive this deserves gratitude. Thank you students, teachers, families, and colleagues!