10 Ways to #CelebrateMonday
- Read a book to your students. (Try some of my personal read aloud favorites: Mr. Popper’s Penguins, The Sneetches, or We are in a Book by Mo Willems)
- Read a good article or blog post over the weekend? Copy and share it with 5 colleagues today.
- Start the day with music. Share your latest listening pleasure with students. Or go classical for some inspiring mood music.
- Challenge students with a good math problem or puzzle. Try Power Lines to get everyone thinking.
- Write a poem and share it. April is National Poetry Month. Model for your students, and give them a chance to write their own poetry.
- Take a walk. Enjoy spring! Get outside and walk during your lunch break, or take students on a nature walk.
- Share some food with students. Bring in a healthy snack or invite interested students to the classroom to eat lunch with you.
- Wonder about anything this morning? Explore some thought-provoking questions at Wonderopolis.
- Do something kind for a colleague or student. Giving a simple sticky note with some kind words and a small piece of dark chocolate will brighten not only your day, but someone else’s day as well!
- Create something! Write a short story. Make a collage. Take some pictures. Find a venue to let out your creative side.
Enjoy the day!